Friday, September 16, 2016

Starting Over with a Clean Slate

I used to blog.  A lot.  Every day. Sometimes twice a day.  And then, one day, I just stopped.  I didn't have anything more to say.  It wasn't because life got more busy or less busy.  It didn't.  It wasn't because my kids stopped doing funny things or the narcissist at work stopped being an egocentric prick.  It just didn't feel good to write.

But lately I have been composing posts in my head a lot.  It feels good to just do that.  But I realized that I miss the writing.  The thing is, I want to write about my children.  And work.  And my opinions about the world.  But now that my kids are older, doing so seems a little intrusive.  I can't really write about what I want to write about without sharing information about them that I don't necessarily want tied to them.  And, yeah, I know that these days anyone can figure out anything.  I know that.  But I'm hoping by making this more anonymous than not, I can spare the ogling that might otherwise feel like it's right in my kids' faces.

So today is as good as any day.  Today I begin my new blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment